Easily Fix Error Code WOW51900314 in Word of Warcraft
A lot of gamers playing World of Warcraft have experienced the WOW51900314 error while trying to launch into their game and in this article, we have managed to list all the different steps that you can undertake to fix this issue completely. In addition to that, we have also listed the reasons due to which the issue occurs. Therefore, make sure to go through the entire article and try out all the solutions until one of them works for you.
What Causes the WOW51900314 Error Code to occur in World of Warcraft?
After having to go through the different solutions and steps that one takes to avoid this issue, we concluded that the following must be the paramount reasons.
- Network Device: In some cases, it is possible that the network device that you are using might be causing the WOW51900314 error to occur. Therefore, follow the solutions that we have listed below to fix the issue.
- DNS Issues: It is sometimes possible that the DNS configuration of your internet is causing the issue due to which the WOW51900314 error is being seen in WOW. Therefore, we suggest that you try to clear out the DNS cache as we have listed below.
- Antivirus: Sometimes, the Antivirus might be preventing the internet packets from going through which can cause the error. Therefore, we suggest that you try out our solutions relating to disabling the Antivirus to clear out this hurdle.
Now that we have taken you through most of the reasons behind the issue, we can finally start to implement the solutions.
Before You Start:
- If any suspicious activity is detected about account details, then this error will appear, so, always check the username and password carefully before logging in but in case the problem prevails, change the password from “Account management” and log in with the fresh password.
- If you have done all the above fixes while logging in with your username and password but still getting the same error, then it will be a “Server Down” problem, so, easily check WOW’s official Twitter account to see if the server is down and when it will be restored, therefore, you can also use “Down Detectors” to see if the server is down.
- One of the reasons for this error is a bad internet connection, if so, then you should monitor your Internet connection stability, hence you need to confirm if the problem is due to an unstable internet connection by switching to a different internet connection. If yes, then increase your internet speed and lower the ping, or reach out to your ISP (Internet service provider) to solve the issue. In spite of this, if you are connected to Wi-fi then use an Ethernet cable for an internet connection as this cable provides a more stable connection to the PC that will solve the problem while logging in to WoW.
Fixing the WOW51900314 issue completely:
Fix 1: Reset Network Device
This error also arises from network problems, so, you should restart your network device (router and modem) that will fix most glitches and bugs, therefore, the following are the instructions for restarting network devices:
- Initially, unplug the wireless router and modem from the power socket, after that, cooling “OFF” the router and modem is a good idea so you should wait for “60” seconds for that to happen.
- Now, plug the Network device in the socket again and wait for the indicator light to blink, this indicates that it has returned to its normal state, after this, start WoW and log in to see if the error persists.
Fix 2: Reset User Interface
- Firstly, quit the “World of Warcraft” game and uninstall any addon managers that are running, then click on “Battle.net” and access “Options”, select the “Show in explorer” option, and quit “Battle.net”.
- After you have quit “Battle.net”, enter the “World of Warcraft” folder through File Explorer.
- Now, double-click on the folder of the game version that is causing problems (such as _retail_ or _classic_), after that, three folders can be clearly seen, “Interface, Cache and WTF folders”, so, you rename them “InterfaceOld”, “CacheOld”, and “WTFOld”.
- Finally, launch “Batlle.net” and then World of Warcraft to see if the error is fixed.
Fix 3: Clear DNS and Renew IP Address
IP and DNS issues will cause this unexpected error, so, it will be effective if you flush your DNS and renew your IP address. The majority of users facing this error when trying to log in to WoW have validated that the issue was resolved after flushing the DNS and after that renewing the IP address, therefore, instructions to flush your DNS are below:
- Initially, press the “Windows” button and type “cmd” in the search box, then, right-click on the “Command prompt” and hit the “Run as administrator” option.
- Now, if a permission box appears then click “Yes” to proceed, after that, within the “Command prompt”, type the following command and press “ENTER”:
After the DNS has been successfully flushed, follow the guide to renew your IP address:
- Firstly, press the “Windows” button and type “cmd” in the search box, navigate to Command prompt from the list, then press right-click and choose the “Run as administrator” option.
- Now, type the following command in the “Command prompt” window and press “ENTER”:
- Then in the next command line type the following command and press “ENTER”, and after the action is finished, quit “Command prompt”.
Fix 4: Disable Antivirus
A bunch of users who have managed to solve this error has informed that the antivirus is clashing with the WoW game files resulting in log-in issues. Many antivirus programs but especially Malwarebytes is the root cause of this issue, so, if you have installed it on your PC then turn it “OFF”, therefore, follow the guide to disable Malwarebytes is below:
- Inside “System tray”, right-click on the Malwarebytes icon and choose the “Exit Malwarebytes” option, then launch the game and log in with your credentials, also make sure to turn “OFF” any other 3rd party antivirus.
Fix 5: Disable Add-ons
The 3rd party Add-ons are supported by WoW in order to enhance the gameplay by changing the UI and displaying additional information on the gameplay screen. Add-ons are used by the majority of gamers for enhanced experience and communication, as the add-ons are 3rd party, they will not work properly and create glitches and bugs in the game, so, disable all the add-ons from the game to see if the error is resolved, hence, follow the mentioned steps to disable add-ons:
- Firstly, open “Windows Explorer” and navigate to the given address:
%\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns
- If you have installed an older version then navigate to this address:
%\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
- Now you must cut and paste the entire contents of the folder to another directory so that the add-on folder is empty, then restart your computer and log in to the game.
Fix 6: Install Battle.net Authenticator
If you are using a mobile hotspot for gaming, then this creates dynamic IP addresses, so, resetting your password will solve the problem temporarily, but in order to solve the error permanently, you must add an authenticator to your account. Guide on how to add “Battle.net” authenticator to your account is below:
- Initially, download “Authenticator” from “BLIZZARD’S” official website, then login to your account, an authentication request will be sent to your phone, after that, you’ll have to press “Approve” if the code on your phone matches the code on your PC.
- Now, click “Use authenticator security code” on your computer, then click “Enter code manually” on your phone to generate an authentication code.
- If you like to enter code for every login, open the “Authenticator page” in “Battle.net” Account Management, then select and tick the option “Require an authenticator code every time you log in to the game”.
Fix 7: Give WoW Access through the Firewall
The game can be blocked by the Firewall, so, allow the game through the Firewall and check if the problem continues, therefore, to give the game access through the Firewall, follow the mentioned steps:
- Firstly, press the “Windows” button and access “Settings”, then navigate to “Update & security”.
- Now, click on the “Windows security” option located under the “Update & security” options.
- After accessing the “Windows security” option, navigate to the “Firewall & network protection” option and hit the “Allow an app through firewall” option.
- Finally, click on the “Change settings” option that will allow World of Warcraft through Private and also Public networks, then restart the game and log in again to see if the error persists.
- Verify if this fixes the WOW51900314 error on World of Warcraft.
Fix 8: Update Graphics Card Drivers
If your graphics card drivers haven’t been updated in a long time, then it’s a good idea to update them because outdated graphics card drivers cause this problem.
If you have an AMD graphics card then follow the instructions below to download their latest drivers:
- Firstly, click on the “Start” button and access your browser, then navigate to AMD’s website, after that, hit the “Driver & Support” section on the top.
- Now, scroll down and enter your graphics card name in the “Search for your product” section, and hit the “Submit” button.
- After clicking on the “Submit” button, click on the version of Windows you have already installed on your computer and hit the “Download” option.
- Finally, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of downloading the drivers yourself, then use AMD’s Auto-Detect feature on their website to detect and download their drivers automatically.
- After downloading, install these drivers and check if the issue is fixed.
Similarly, to download the latest NVIDIA drivers, follow the steps below:
- Initially, press the “Windows” button and access your browser, then navigate to their website, after that enter your graphics card details in the respective boxes and click the “Download” button.
- Now, hit the “Download” button again to download your required drivers.
- After downloading, install these drivers on your computer and check to see if that fixes the WOW51900314 error on World of Warcraft.
Fix 9: Update Graphics Card Driver Automatically
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of searching for the latest or the correct drivers for your graphics card, then install Driverfix from their website. Driver fix automatically scans your computer for the required drivers and downloads the latest drivers with just a click. After updating the drivers, check to see if the WOW51900314 error is fixed.
If you are still unable to fix this issue, Contact Us for further troubleshooting.