Some users have been running into the Your TV Does not support this Program’s Content Protection error while trying to stream a certain channel or program on their TVs and the “Your TV does not support this program’s content protection” Error message is shown on the screen.
This error message is mostly seen if the TV itself is facing an incompatibility or error while trying to stream or if you have connected recording devices to the TV. Most modern streaming services have modern algorithms defined that prevent the user from being able to attach a recording device to their television sets. Therefore, this might be the primary cause due to which you are getting the error.
What Causes the Your TV does not support this program’s content protection Error?
After going through some troubleshooting steps, we concluded that the following are some of the most prominent reasons due to which this error message occurs in the first place.
- TV Issue: There might be an issue with the Television due to which you are unable to stream properly and are getting the “Your TV does not support this program’s content protection” error while trying to do so. Therefore, performing a cold boot on the TV as mentioned in the solution below should be a good way to initiate the troubleshooting procedure.
- Settings Issue: In some cases, the Television settings might have been improperly configured due to which you might run into this error while trying to stream your favorite program. Therefore, we recommend you to adjust your settings as mentioned in the solutions below.
- Outdated Software: Sometimes, the software on your computer might be outdated due to which you are getting the “Your TV does not support this program’s content protection” error while trying to stream on it. Therefore, you can try to update the software and then check to see if doing so prevents it from arising again.
Now that you have jotted down some reasons due to which the Your TV does not support this program’s content protection error occurs, we can finally move on towards implementing the fixes.
Before You Start:
The first thing you must do before starting to troubleshoot the problem is trying to remove all the physical connections and then re-plugging them again after a while. Unplug your HDTV, HDMI cables, and receiver, wait for a few minutes, plug it back in again properly, and then restart your device. Follow the steps indexed below to reset your physical connections:
- Unplug the HDMI cable from both your HDTV and receiver.
- Then switch off your HDTV and receiver and unplug both of these devices.
- Wait for some time and then plug in back your HDMI cable to the receiver and HDTV. Make sure that all of the connections are tight enough.
- Now plug back in your receiver and HDTV and turn them “ON”.
- Finally, check to see if you have been able to get through your tv does not support this program’s content protection 2019 issue.
How to fix Vizio Your TV does not Support this Program’s Content Protection issue:
Solution 1: Perform Cold Boot On TV
Sometimes a residual electric charge gets accumulated on the TV screen which results in malfunctioning and in turn gives rise to such errors. In order to get rid of this try to discharge the power of your HDTV completely. To do so unplug your TV for almost thirty to forty seconds while being turned on and then re-plug in back. Turn “ON” the TV and the issue must be fixed by now.
Solution 2: Adjust Audio/Video Settings
Another simple and potential fix is to adjust the resolution of your receiver using the audio and video settings of your TV remote to avoid getting this error. Proceed with the below-mentioned steps to implement this fix:
- Grab your TV remote and press the “Menu” button on it.
- Then choose to select the “Settings” icon and hit “OK”.
- Afterward, select the “Audio/Video” option and then press “OK” to open the Audio/Video Settings tab.
- Here tweak the output video mode resolution to be “720p” or “1080p” and afterward check whether the issue still persists or not.
Solution 3: Update HDTV Software
One major cause due to which this error may arise is that your TV software is not up to date. So it’s necessary that you download and install the latest available updates on your HDTV and then see if you are able to overcome the error. Follow these steps to install the updates on your TV:
- On the remote control of your TV locate the option of “Settings”.
- Then proceed to the “Support -> Software Update -> Update Now” option respectively.
- The latest available updates will get downloaded on your HDTV and you might be able to resolve your tv does not support this program’s content protection HDMI splitter error.
Solution 4: Inspect the Server Status
Sometimes it is also possible that the Media/Broadcast servers may be down due to which you are facing this issue. In such a scenario no problem exists on your end and you’ll not be able to stream any shows on the TV. So you can scroll to various Media and Content servers online to help check for similar reports and if several users have reported the same issue then the problem exists at the backend. In this case, you just need to wait for a few hours until the problem gets sorted.
Solution 5: Contact the Support Center
If you have done implementing all of the above fixes but haven’t got a satisfactory output then you should submit your query to the Help Center. You can choose your category from among the list of available services and can report your problem there so that they may get back to you to resolve the problem instantly.
If the above-indexed solutions didn’t bring a fruitful result to you then you may also try to carry out the following steps:
- You can try using an alternate HDMI input on your TV and perform the reset of your HDTV all over again.
- Replace your TV’s HDMI cable with component cables.
- Connect the receiver directly to the TV if you are using an HDMI switch, splitter, or AVR for a better HD signal authentication.
- If possible you can also opt to perform all of the aforementioned steps on a different HDTV.
Implement all of the above-mentioned fixes to resolve the problem completely but if the issue still exists then you may Contact Us here.