Steam is a gaming platform where you can buy, download and play games. Steam users encounter a very common error that is “Error code: -105”. This steam error code is followed by a message which states “Unable to connect to the server. The server may be offline or you may not be connected to the internet” this is displayed even though the user has an active and working internet connection. This is a very obvious error message on PCs of gamers and can be resolved easily.
What causes the steam “Error code -105”?
This error is faced by a number of users around the world and there are different reasons that are considered to be the reason behind this error. Some of the most common are listed below:
- Faulty internet connection might be the reason that the steam couldn’t connect to the server.
- This error might occur if AdBlocker is activated on your computer.
- DNS settings might block some of the features of steam to connect to the server.
If you encounter the steam error code -105 error message, before doing anything else, follow the steps below to restart your router.
- Take out the plug of your router and wait for two minutes.
- Insert the plug of your router back in the socket.
- If you are still getting this error, change the location of your modem and move other wireless devices away from the modem to get a better signal strength.
- If it doesn’t help, try to connect your computer directly to the modem by using an ethernet cable.
What can you do if you get the “Error Code -105” on Steam?
Solution 1: Disable Ad Blocker
Disabling Ad Blocker has been a good solution to this error in many cases. Follow the steps below to carry this task out.
- Click the menu button on the top right corner of your browser.
- Take your cursor to the More Tools.
- Now click Extensions.
- Click the toggle button to disable the AdBlocker extension.
- Restart your PC and launch Steam again.
Solution 2: Flush your DNS
If you still can’t get rid of this error, try to flush your DNS from the command prompt.
- In the taskbar, click the search button and type Command Prompt.
- Right-click the icon and click Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command and hit enter. After that restart your PC and launch Steam again.
Solution 3: Uninstall the Ad Blocker
Uninstall the Ad BLocker if you are still getting this error message. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Click the search button in the taskbar. Type appwiz.cpl and open it.
- Locate and click the Adblocker application installed on your computer.
- Right-click on it and click Uninstall.
- Restart your PC and launch steam again.
If you need further assistance, contact here.