A lot of people have complained about the Hisense TV Remote not working and we are here to fix it for you. Keep in mind that all of the solutions that we have mentioned in this post can be applied directly by yourself and you won’t need to get outside help.
Before You Start:
- The most common issue due to which the Hisense TV Remote not Working issue is triggered is due to weak batteries that lose charge with the passage of time. Replacing the batteries with the authentic ones and inserting them into the remote in the right direction can fix this issue.
- Some users suggested checking for obstructions between the remote control and TV as the infrared signal from the remote can sometimes fail to reach the television due to hindrance in its path.
- Many users recommended cleaning the TV remote’s batteries contacts as moisture can cause rust to deposit on those battery contacts, causing problems with the current transfer from the batteries.
- Some users suggested pressing all the buttons on your TV remote individually can get it to work again.
- Some users reported that pressing the “Menu” button on the remote for at least “5” seconds would restore the remote’s functionality.
- Many users suggested that using the built-in Hisense TV Setup Assistant to configure the remote can fix this issue.
- Some users suggested that when using the Hisense remote, only use one device with an HDMI input at a time, as using numerous devices can cause interference and can generate this error.
- Many users suggested that connecting the external devices to the TV such as USB, Hard Disk, or HDMI cable can create conflict therefore remove all the external devices and then check if the issue is resolved.
How to rectify Hisense TV Remote problem completely:
Solution 1: Check Infrared Sensor
The basic troubleshooting can be carried out to verify if the infrared sensor of the remote is working as it should be by utilizing the camera of your smartphone as the infrared signals cannot be seen with the naked eye. Therefore, follow the instructions given below to check the infrared sensor of your TV remote:
- Firstly, launch the camera application on your smartphone and point the front side of the remote toward the camera lens.
- Now press a button on the remote and look at your camera’s screen to see whether a blinking light appears.
- If no blinking light appears on your camera’s screen, then try replacing the batteries.
- Check to see if this fixes the Hisense TV Remote not Working issue.
Solution 2: Disable RemoteNow Feature
Sometimes the accessibility feature of TV can cause interference that can lead to TV remote malfunctioning hence follow the guide given below to disable this feature:
Note: As the TV remote is not working, you can still access the TV settings menu by using the physical buttons located on the TV, installing the Hisense TV app on your phone, or using the IR remote of your mobile.
- First of all, navigate to the “Settings” option of your TV and then select the “Accessibility” option from the menu.
- Afterwards, “Disable” the “RemoteNow” and all the other features located in that menu.
- Check if the Hisense TV Remote not Working issue is fixed.
Solution 3: Reset the Remote
- Initially, remove the batteries from the remote and hold down the “Power” button for 10-15 seconds to drain all the residual power.
- Afterwards, release the button, the remote will be reset to default factory settings, and then check if the Hisense TV remote error is fixed.
- Firstly, remove the batteries from the remote and hold down the “Power” button for 10-15 seconds to discharge all the remaining power.
- Insert the battery into the remote and you’ll observe that the LED on the remote will blink twice.
- Afterwards, press the buttons “2” and “8” on the remote instantly and the LED will again blink twice.
- Now enter the code “981” and this time the LED will blink 4 times representing that the remote is now reset to its default factory settings.
Solution 4: Update Hisense TV’s Firmware
- From the home screen of your Hisense TV, navigate to the “Settings” option and then select the “Support” option from the menu.
- In the Support section, choose the “System Update” option, and in the next window, select the option “Check Firmware Upgrade” from the list.
- Now your Hisense TV will download and install the available firmware update, once the process is complete, verify if the issue is resolved.
Solution 5: Reset Your TV
Sometimes resetting your TV can resolve this issue as this process clears the memory cache of the TV and fixes the various issues occurring within the device therefore follow the procedure given below to reset your TV:
Method 1: Perform Soft Reset
- First of all, turn “OFF” the TV, unplug it from the power source, then press and hold the “Power” button of your TV (located at the bottom side of the TV) for at least 30 seconds to drain all the charge stored inside capacitors.
- Leave the TV in a powered-off state for 5-10 minutes, afterwards power “ON” the TV, try turning it on with the remote, and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 2: Perform Hard Reset
For Latest Model Hisense TVs:
- Firstly, press the “Menu” button on your remote, then select the “Support” option from the list and confirm your selection by pressing the “OK / Select” button.
- In the support section, choose the “Self Diagnosis” option and select the “Enter” button.
- A list will appear in front of you, scroll through the list, then choose the last option “Reset” and enter your “Security PIN” to confirm your request.
- Verify if this fixes the Hisense TV Remote not Working issue.
For Older Model Hisense TVs:
- From the Home Screen of your TV, navigate to the “Settings” option and select the “Device Preferences” option from the list.
- Choose the “Reset” option located at the bottom of the list.
- Afterward, select the “Factory Data Reset” option and in the next window, choose the option “Erase Everything”.
- Now enter the “PIN” and then select the “OK” button to initiate the Factory Data Reset process.
Solution 6: Inspect Circuit Board Pads
Sometimes the remote’s circuit board pads are worn out with the passage of time due to excessive usage or if they have been exposed to any liquid. This can cause the remote to not function properly, therefore to fix this, open the back cover of the remote and take out the circuit board pad. Clean the circuit board pad with the help of an alcohol pad and then use a pencil to draw the circuit board pad tracks as graphite helps in improving conductivity thus making it easier for the pad to register pressure. After performing the above-mentioned procedure, reassemble the remote and check if the issue is resolved.
If none of the above-mentioned solutions work out for you, then try using a universal remote with your TV as it can operate multiple devices including DVD player, multimedia box, TV, etc. and it is relatively cheap.
If you are still unable to resolve the problem, please Contact Us for further assistance.