The Google WiFi Flashing Orange issue is seen for some users which usually indicates a glitch or network issue due to which the users might be unable to use their network. In this article, we have compiled different fixes and workarounds that you can use to fix this issue.
Before You Start:
- Sometimes the Ethernet cable that connects the Google Wi-Fi with the Internet router is damaged hence try replacing the cable with a new one.
- Some users suggested restarting the Internet router as sometimes the internet service is down due to some glitch in the system that can be resolved by simply restarting the router and if the issue persists then contact your Internet Service Provider.
- Many users suggested renaming the room where the Wi-Fi point is located in the Google Home app can fix this issue.
- Some users recommended resetting all the Google Wi-Fi devices to the factory default settings can help resolve this issue.
- Many users reported resetting all the Google Wi-Fi nodes and switching the malfunctioning device as the primary fix for this error.
- Some users suggested connecting the faulty Wi-Fi point to a working Wi-Fi point and then check if it solves the issue.
- Many users recommended checking the network configuration settings of both the Internet router and Google Wi-Fi.
How to Rectify Google WiFi Flashing Orange completely:
Solution 1: Power Cycle Google Wi-Fi
Sometimes a minor bug in the system can cause devices to malfunction, a simple restarting procedure can help fix this issue hence follow the instructions given below to perform a power cycle procedure on your device:
- Firstly, turn “OFF” your Google Wi-Fi device by unplugging the power cable from the socket.
- Now, wait 1-2 minutes to drain the charge stored in the capacitors, afterward plug the device back into the power source and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Update The Device’s Software
This particular issue can arise when the device’s firmware is outdated, updating the firmware can resolve this issue therefore follow the guide indexed below to update the Google Wi-Fi firmware:
- Initially, launch the Google Home app, navigate to the “Devices” section, select your device and choose the “Settings” option by tapping on the menu indicated by three dots.
- In the device settings section, scroll down the menu to view the firmware version of your device and if any update is available, it’ll let you know.
- Check to see if the Google WiFi Flashing Orange issue is now fixed.
Solution 3: Factory Reset Google Wi-Fi
A factory reset removes all of your device’s data and restores it to its factory default settings therefore follow the procedure given below to reset your device:
NOTE: Performing this step will remove all the saved network settings of your device.
Method 1: Using Reset Button
- Firstly, unplug the Google Wi-Fi from the power source, then press and hold the “Reset” button located at the backside of the device.
- While holding down the “Reset” button, plug the power cable into the power outlet.
- Now the device will start flashing white light and then blue light, release the Reset button when the blue light appears.
- Now set up Google Wi-Fi using the Wi-Fi network instead of the ethernet cable and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 2: Using Google Home App
- First of all, launch the “Google Home” app and select the “Wi-Fi” option from the menu.
- Afterwards, tap the “Settings” option, choose the “Factory reset network” option and then tap on the “OK” button.
- The Google Wi-Fi router will now be reset to factory default settings.
Try contacting Google Official Support if none of the aforementioned solutions works for you to perform detailed troubleshooting.
If you are still unable to resolve the problem, please Contact Us for further assistance.