How To Fix Game Security Violation Detected Error [Easy Instructions]
We have been getting a lot of queries from users that are getting the Game Security Violation Detected error while trying to play Apex Legends, Fortnite or any other Easy Anti Cheat protected game. In this article, we have dedicated ourselves to finding a fix for you that will completely get rid of this problem.
Make sure that you also read through the reasons due to which this error is triggered in the first place in order to establish a better understanding of the issue. Also, ensure that you try out all the steps one by one until one fixes the Game Security Violation Detected error.
What Causes the Game Security Violation Detected Error?
After going through a lot of user-based queries, we concluded that the following are some of the most important reasons due to which this error occurs.
- RGB Software: The RGB software that you might have installed on your computer, might be triggering the Game Security Violation Detected issue because the Easy Anti-Cheat software detects it as a violation of its policies.
- Antivirus Issue: The Antivirus software installed on your computer might be preventing the game from being able to run because of a false flag and due to this, you might be getting this error while trying to launch Fortnite or Apex Legends, or any other application.
- Outdated Game: In some cases, your game might be outdated due to which you are running into the Game Security Violation Detected error message, and in order to fix this, we recommend that you try to check if there are any updates available for the game.
- Firewall: The Firewall installed on your computer might be preventing the game from being able to run because it is preventing the game packets from making communication with their servers. Therefore, we recommend that you disable the Firewall and then check to see if doing so fixes the issue.
- Outdated Windows: The Windows installation on your computer might have been outdated and there might be a newer version available. Therefore, we recommend that you check for any available updates and then check to see after applying the update if this issue is fixed.
- Admin Permissions: The administrative permissions required by the game or the EasyAntiCheat service might not have been provided to it due to which you are getting the Game Security Violation Detected message while trying to launch a game. Therefore, we recommend that you provide all the apps in question with admin permissions and then check to see if doing so fixes the issue.
Now that you have been taken through almost all the important triggers, we can finally move on towards deploying fixes for this error.
Before You Start:
As soon as you encounter this error message on your screen try to re-login into your game client. To do so follow these steps:
- Click on the “Profile” or “Settings” icon in your launcher and then select “Log Out/ Sign Out” to log out of your profile.
- Once you are directed on the “Login Page” enter your credentials here to “Sign In” back and simply relaunch the game from within the game client.
Also check if you’re using any wireless peripherals, like a mouse and controller at the same time, you must try plugging “OFF” any of the two. When you are completed with these basic most troubleshooting tips now you can move on to implement some of the advanced solutions listed below.
Fixing the game security violation detected apex legends issue:
Solution 1: Uninstall Or Disable RGB Software
If you are running any RGB software for your motherboard, graphic card, case fans or AIO, or any other peripherals that require RGB customizations such as Aura Sync, RGB Fusion, Corsair iCue, etc, it is possible that these softwares may be interfering with your processes, so you can opt to disable them for a while. If you don’t want to perform this then you can opt to close the software through the “Task Manager”. Simply press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” on your keyboard, find the relevant process in the “Processes” tab and click on “End Task” to end it.
Note: Make sure to end “LightingServices.exe” and “SelLedV2.exe” if you’re using “Asus” or “Gigabyte” products respectively. Or just go to the Manufacturer’s page of your product to know your specific program.
Solution 2: Disable/Update Your Third-Party Antivirus
- On the desktop, right-click on your antivirus icon, and from the popup context menu, choose to select “Disable”.
- On the contrary, you can use the “Update Utility” built-in antivirus to update it. The update utility might be named “Update”, “Check For Updates”, or “Live Update”.
Solution 3: Update Your Game/Game Launcher
Most game launchers do update by themselves. But to do this manually, simply “Restart” your computer and run the game launcher. If there were any updates present, your game launcher would begin its update automatically. Similarly, move to your game libraries and update each game manually. This could be done by either right-clicking the game and selecting “Update” from the context menu or locating an independent Update option.
Solution 4: Disable the Behavior Shield In Avast
Navigate to the settings of your “Avast Antivirus” and here disable the behavior shield. You are free to re-enable it once your game is launched successfully.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Game and Its Launcher
- Press the “Window + X” keys together on your keyboard and from the pop-up menu, click on “Apps and Features/Programs and Features”.
- In the “Apps and Features/Programs and Features” window, scroll down to navigate “[your game] and [game launcher]”. Right-click on each and click on “Uninstall or Uninstall/Change”. Click to select “YES” on the permission prompt to “Uninstall” the two programs.
- Next “Download”, “Install” and “Run” CCleaner on your system.
- After restarting your system, open your browser and “Download [your game launcher]”.
- After selecting the destination for the “Launcher”, wait for it to download. Browse your [your game launcher setup] and “Run” the “Setup Wizard” with the onscreen instructions to “Install” it on your computer.
- Once installed, click on “Finish” and “Launch” the [your game client]. Search for [your game] in the search bar of the launcher and “Install” it for free.
- Wait for it to get installed, and the game will launch automatically.
- Now check to see if the game security violation detected lightingservice.exe error still exists or not.
Solution 6: Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall
- Open the Start menu on the bottom left corner of your screen and here search for and open “Settings”.
- Once in the Settings window locate the “Update and Security” option and click to open it. In the Update and Security window locate and open “Windows Security” from the left vertical tab.
- Then proceed to the “Virus and Threat Protection” under the “Protection Areas” section. In the new window, navigate to “Virus and Threat Protection Settings” and click to select “Manage Settings”.
- Here turn “OFF” the button located under the “Realtime Protection”. Click on “YES” when the permission dialogue box pops up, and you’re good to go.
Note: You must bear in mind that Windows Defender Firewall will be automatically enabled whenever you restart your system. You will have to manually turn it off every time if this is the solution to your problem.
Solution 7: Update Your Graphics Card Driver
For this solution, you have to know the graphics card you are using on your PC. If you already know this, skip Step 1 and Step 2.
- Press the “Window + R” keys together on your keyboard to open up the “Run” dialog box. In the Run prompt, type in or paste “devmgmt.msc” to open up the “Device Manager” window.
- In the pop-up window locate the “Display Adapters” option and double click on it to expand it further. This will show you the graphics card installed on your PC.
- Once you know your graphics card, open your browser and type in “[your graphics card name] drivers.” Fill in the bracket with the name of your graphics card. If you are directed to your “Graphics Card Manufacturer Site,” navigate to the “Drivers & Utility” or “Drivers & Support”. Here browse for your graphics card and “Download” the latest driver present.
- Once downloaded, get back to “Device Manager” and right-click on your “Graphics Card”, and proceed by clicking on “Update Drivers” in the menu. Then click on “Search Automatically For Drivers” and wait for a while until the computer finds and installs the updated drivers.
- It is recommended to “Restart” your computer and try running the game afterward to see if the error got fixed now.
Solution 8: Update Your Windows
- Go to the Start menu located on the bottom left of the screen and here search for “Settings”. Then click to open it from the list of search results.
- Next, navigate to the “Update and Security” option and click to select it. You would be directed to the “Windows Update” window.
- In here click on the “Check For Updates” option available at the top of the page and “Install” any updates if they are present. Restart your computer afterward and then check to see if the game security violation detected (#0000000d) issue got fixed.
Solution 9: Fresh Windows Installation
- Download the bootable windows media creation tool ver1803 on a USB Flash drive.
- Restart your system, and don’t click on “OK” when the error pops up on the screen.
- Double-click on the “Media Creation Tool” from the USB flash drive to “Run” it.
- Click on “Accept” to agree with the license and then select the “Create Installation Media (USB Flash drive, DVD, or ISO File) For Another PC” option.
- Then select your desired “Language” and choose the “Edition” as “Windows 10” and “Architecture” as “64 bit (x64)”.
- Next, select the “ISO File” option. Choose where to install your file and click on “Save” to start downloading. Click on “Finish” when you’re done.
- Next “Download” and “Install” the latest version of Rufus 3.13 on the same USB.
- Double click on Rufus and select the “Media Creation Tool” by clicking on the “Browse” button and locating it.
- Finally, click on “Start” for a clean installation of “Windows 10” and once completed see if the easyanticheat game security violation detected error got resolved now.
Solution 10: Run An SFC and DISM Scan
- Press the “Window + S” keys on your keyboard. Type “cmd” in the search bar and press “Enter” to open up the “Command Prompt” window. Click on “YES” if you come across any permission prompts.
- In the Command Prompt window type in or paste “sfc /scannow”. Don’t forget to give a single space between sfc and /scannow and remove the quotation marks.
- Afterward, press “Enter” to run this command on your system.
- Now launch a DISM scan, paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” in the CMD terminal, and then hit “Enter”.
- In the end, “Restart” your system and check if the error got fixed.
Solution 11: Close Unnecessary Background Processes
- Press the “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” on your keyboard to open the “Task Manager” window.
- Locate and click on “End Task” for any unnecessary background process including the browsers that could have been interfering with the launch. You can also try to do the same with your game client and “Easy AntiCheat” as they can be a source for this error as well.
Solution 12: Run Your Game Launcher In Admin Mode
- Right-click on the particular “Game Launcher” on your desktop, and from the dropdown menu, choose to select “Run As Administrator”.
- Click on “YES” if you come across any “UAC Prompts”.
Solution 13: Use Razer Cortex
Download and install Razer Cortex on your system. Razer Cortex is a free tool that optimizes your system to provide you with the best gaming performance your system is able to offer.
Solution 14: Launch the Game From the Launcher
Instead of launching the game from the desktop, open your launcher specific to your game and launch it from there. For example, instead of launching Apex directly from the desktop, open Origins and launch Apex Legends from the game library. But do remember to close all the game-related background processes before launching.
Follow all of the above-indexed fixes carefully to get rid of the error but despite implementing these solutions if the error continues to stay then feel free to Contact Us here.