The “Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast Device” error is actually quite a common one and it is seen by a lot of Chromecast users. In this article, we have determined to find a fix for this particular issue and have come up with a set of solutions that are bound to get rid of this issue on your device. Make sure to try out all the listed solutions in the specified order to completely fix the Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast Device issue.
What Causes the “Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast Device” Error?
After going through a lot of user-provided feedback, we came to the conclusion that the following must be the paramount reasons due to which the issue occurs.
- Outdated Firmware: Sometimes, the firmware installed on your device might be outdated and there might be a more recent version of it available. Therefore, we recommend that you update the outdated firmware and then check to see if doing so fixes the error.
- Corrupted Cache: In certain cases, the cached data by the console or by the application might have gotten corrupted and due to that, the “Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast Device” error might be seen. Therefore, we recommend that you clear out the corrupted cache.
Now that you have been taken through the reasons, it is about time that we start implementing the fixes.
Before You Start:
You can try to carry out a few basic fixes in the first place to get rid of the error instantly. Unplug your Wi-Fi router, modem, or device for a few minutes and plug them back in to refresh your internet connection. Similarly, restart the Wi-Fi on your phone or turn on airplane mode and close it again. Then try to connect to the Wi-Fi again and observe if the error gets vanished. If not then you may continue on to implement a few more advanced solutions listed below.
Fixing the Disney plus is not available on this Chromecast device issue:
Solution 1: Update the Firmware
- Plugin the “Chromecast Device” into your TV and make sure that it is turned on.
- Then “Open” or “Install” the “Google Home App” on your phone.
- In the application, click on the particular “Chromecast Device” connected to your TV and tap on the “Settings” option on the top right of the screen.
- Locate the “Firmware Version” of the device at the bottom of the menu. If it’s not up to date, tap on the “Update” option to update it, and once updated proceed to check if the error got solved.
Solution 2: Utilize VPN
- Download a “VPN Service” to change your IP address and for this purpose, you can use Nord, Express, or any other free VPN service.
- Install it from Playstore/AppStore and “Connect the Server” to the nearest location available where Disney+ is available (USA, UK, AU, NZ, CA, etc).
- Then connect the Chromecast device on your TV and check to see if the Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast Device error is fixed.
Solution 3: Tweak the Input Settings On Vizio TV
This particular solution only works for users without an Xbox or PS4. Change the input on your Vizio TV from “SmartCast” to “Airplay” and then click on the “Airplay Icon” on your iPhone while using the Disney+ app in order to stream and cast without the Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast Device error.
Solution 4: Clear the App Cache
- Go to “Settings” and then proceed to the “Apps” option. In here look for the “Chromecast Built-In Application”.
- Then choose to select “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” and proceed by simply restarting your TV.
- Lastly, observe if it helped you get rid of the Disney is not available on this Chromecast device error easily.
Hopefully, the above-listed fixes would be enough in getting through the error but if you still continue to face any bugs feel free to Contact Us here.