Discord is perhaps the most commonly used VoIP application by gamers and it is certainly one of the best. However, quite recently, a lot of users have had to face the Discord No Route issue which prevented them from being able to connect to a voice server. In this article, not only have we listed the exact causes that cause the issue in the first place, but, we have also been able to develop a framework of steps that you can apply right now to fix this issue completely.
Why is the Discord No Route Error Triggered in the First Place?
After having to investigate the issue in detail, we concluded that the following must be the most common reasons due to which the issue is triggered.
- Antivirus: If you have installed an Antivirus on your system, it is likely that it is preventing certain features of the Discord application from being run properly. Therefore, we suggest that you try to disable the Antivirus or add an exception for Discord in it as we have done below.
- VPN: In case you are using a VPN connection, we recommend that you try to disable it temporarily as we have done in the solution below to fix the Discord No Route issue. This is because the VPN connection might be seen as suspicious by the Discord servers and it might get blocked from accessing it.
- DNS Settings: Some DNS settings might prevent you from being able to connect to the Voice server because of the DNS server being down or due to internet connection and configuration issues. Therefore, you are recommended to change your DNS settings as we have done below.
Now that you have been updated as to why the issue occurs, we can finally start implementing the solutions that will help us in fixing it.
Before You Start:
- Restart your computer by proceeding to the “Start” menu and clicking on the “Power” button and afterwards select the “Restart” option to restart your computer.
- Power “OFF” your router using the power button found at the back.
- Once both devices are turned off, “Unplug” the power cord from both of them and let them rest for a few good seconds.
- After some time “Plug” both devices back in and start them up again.
How to fix the Discord no Route issue:
Solution 1: Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Software
- Proceed to “Start menu” and type “Control Panel” in the search bar and press “Enter” to open the “Control Panel”.
- Now click on “Uninstall a Program” and navigate to the third-party Antivirus software like Avast, BitDefender, etc.
- Right-click on it and select the “Uninstall” option and wait for some time till it finishes uninstalling the antivirus.
- Reboot your computer and check if the Discord no Router Mobile Hotspot problem is fixed or not.
Solution 2: Disable your VPN
If your VPN is not configured to use UDP (User Datagram Protocol) then it might cause the discord no route voice issue because the discord application is not designed to work with the VPNs that are not using UDP. You can ask your VPN provider about how to configure UDP on the VPN and if it does not have UDP then you have to switch to any other VPN. You can also resolve this error by simply disabling the VPN and later you can configure the UDP or switch to any other VPN.
Solution 3: Flush DNS Settings
- Navigate to the “Start menu”, search for “cmd”, right-click on it, and select “Run as Administrator”.
- After that type the following commands in the command window and press “Enter” after typing each command:
ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew
- Now reboot your computer and check if the discord no route VPN error is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Disable Quality of Service Option
- Start your “Discord” client by clicking on the discord icon and after that click on “Gear Icon” on the bottom left corner.
- Navigate to the “App Setting” and click on the “Voice and Video” option.
- Now proceed to the “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority” option under the “Quality of Service”.
- Relaunch the discord and check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Check Your Firewall Settings
- Proceed to the “Start menu”, type “Control Panel” and press “Enter” to open the Control Panel.
- After that search for “Windows Defender Firewall” using the search option at the top right corner of the control panel window.
- After that proceed to the window at the left side of the window and click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”.
- Now proceed to ”Change Settings”, click on it and find “Discord” from the list of apps and make sure that both public and private checkboxes are ticked.
- Select “Discord” and click on the delete option and afterward click “OK” to save the changes.
- Now launch discord again to check if the discord no route issue is resolved or not.
Solution 6: Tweak Server Settings
- Open the “Discord” and log in. After that click on the “Server” option.
- After the menu opens and from there click on “Server Settings”.
- Now click on the “Overview” option that is present at the left panel of the “Server Settings Windows”.
- After that, various information about the server will appear and from there click on the “Change” button next to the “Server region”.
- Now select the area closest to you, relaunch the Discord and check if the discord no route windows 10 error is fixed or not.
Solution 7: Tweak Network Settings
- Proceed to the “Start menu”, type “Control Panel” and press “Enter” to open the control panel.
- After that, search for “Network and Sharing Center” using the search option at the top right corner of the control panel window.
- Now a list of active networks will be displayed and look for the network which has “Internet” as its access type.
- Now click on the blue “Hyperlink” text next to the internet connection and you’ll see that a dialog box will appear. Click on the “Properties” button.
- Now look for the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option and select it by clicking on it and after selecting it, click on the “Properties” button.
- Now select the “Use the following DNS server addresses” and type “22.214.171.124” in the text box next to “Preferred DNS Server”.
- Type “126.96.36.199” in the text box next to the “Alternate DNS Server”.
- Uncheck the “Validate settings upon exit” option and click the “OK” button to save the changes.
Solution 8: Try Discord on Browser
There are different applications for Discord or different platforms like Windows, Android, iOS, etc. If none of the above-stated solutions work for you then you can try using discord on the browser. You will get a slightly changed user interface but the features are almost similar.
Hopefully, the error might have gone by now but if you need further assistance, Contact Us.