If you have been getting the 0x87dd0006 error while trying to sign in to your Xbox account, you are not alone because this issue has been faced by hundreds of users. In this article, we have listed different ways in which you can completely get rid of this issue on your computer.
How to fix 0x87dd0006 xbox one error:
Solution 1: Check Xbox Server Status
The very first thing that you should do the moment you encounter this error on your screens is to look at the server status of Xbox servers. If the servers are down, then there is nothing you or any other user can do about it except wait until the servers are back up online. In order to check the server status click here.
Solution 2: Reboot Your Console / PC
Once the status of the server is confirmed and it is up and running, then you should try performing a quick reboot before moving on to other fixes. For PC, you simply need to press the “Windows” button, click on the “Power” icon, and select “Restart”. For Xbox, you will need to press the “Xbox” key on your controller, select “Restart Console” and then click on the “Restart” button. You should also try completely unplugging your console and then waiting for a couple of minutes before plugging it back in.
Solution 3: Correct Your Billing Information
Incorrect billing information is also one of the major reasons that can trigger this error code while trying to log in to your account. Follow the steps below to correct it:
- Head over to your “Microsoft” account and select the “Payment & billing” option.
- Then click to select “Billing info”.
- Next, click on “Edit Profile” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete updating your billing info.
Solution 4: Remove Your Account and Add It Back
A corrupted profile can be the very reason that causes this 0x87dd0006 error code to occur as well. So follow the steps below according to your device to completely remove your account and add it back in which will probably resolve your issue:
- Press the “Xbox” button on your controller and head over to “Settings”. Here click on the “All settings” option.
- Now select “Account” from the options on the left and choose “Remove accounts”.
- Choose the account that you want to be removed and then select “Remove my account”.
For adding in your account again proceed as follows:
- Scroll left on the “Home” screen, proceed to the “Sign in” tab, and here select “Add & manage”.
- Then select “Add new”, enter your account details and proceed forward.
- Read the agreement, accept it, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Xbox 360 Users:
- Press the “Xbox” button on your controller, head over to “Settings” and choose “System”.
- Select “Storage”, choose “All Devices” and then click on “Profiles”.
- Choose the profile that you want to get deleted and then select “Delete”.
- Choose “Delete Profile Only”, this will keep all your achievements and saved games safe.
For adding in your account again proceed as follows:
- Press the “Xbox” button on your controller and choose the “Download Profile” option.
- Here enter your “Account Details” and log in.
- Choose your desired storage location and wait for the profile to be downloaded.
Solution 5: Update Your Console
Keeping your console up to date is essential as it will help resolve many different issues and improve the overall user experience as well. Follow the procedure below to do so:
- Press the “Xbox” button on your controller and select “Settings”.
- Then click “All settings” and select “System” followed by “Updates”.
- Now choose the “Update your console” option, if any updates are available, they will be downloaded and updated automatically.
Solution 6: Use a Different Account
Multiple users have reported that their issue got resolved when they tried logging in from a different account. and then after some time logged back into their main account. If you have an extra account then log into it and then log out of it and log back into your main account. This should help you overcome the 0x87dd0006 pc error easily.
Solution 7: Try a Different Approach
Some users have also solved their issues by logging out of all the accounts that they are logged into. This can be done by individually logging out of each account, then heading over to the “Connection” settings and forget the Wi-Fi. Shut down your console completely afterward and wait for a couple of minutes before turning it back on. Once you turn it back on, connect back to the Wi-Fi and log into your account. Now see if you are able to overcome the 0x87dd0006 error.
Solution 8: Reboot Your Router
Incorrect network configuration can also lead to different problems including this error code. Once the router is rebooted all the temporary configurations are reset, which will most probably resolve your issue as well. Firstly, shut down your Xbox and then power off your router, wait for about a minute and then turn it back on. Now, turn on your Xbox again and check if the issue got removed.
Solution 9: Reset Your Console
If none of the above fixes worked out for you, then you can try resetting your Xbox to factory defaults as it will reset all your settings and configurations which might have discrepancies earlier thus causing issues. Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset:
- Press the “Xbox” button on your controller, select “System” and then click on “Settings”.
- Choose “System” and then click on “Console info”.
- Select “Reset console” from the options on the left and then choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”.
- Once the process is completed, now proceed to check if the error got rectified.
Solution 10: Login Using Offline Mode
Some users have reported that logging in to your account while disconnected from the internet, and then reconnecting the internet connection and logging in again worked fine for them. Disconnect the internet from your Xbox and then log in while in offline mode. Then restore the internet connection and log back in normally. This might work out for you, or you can just keep playing your favorite games in offline mode if you do not care about being online.
Solution 11: Log In After Inserting a Disc
It has also been reported that the issue was resolved after a game disc was inserted into the Xbox. So, firstly, you need to take a game disc and insert it into your Xbox. Afterwards, when you try logging in, it should work out fine. This solution should help in fixing the 0x87dd0006 error.
Solution 12: Update the Controller
Follow the steps below to update your controller which might resolve the issue that you are facing as it did work out for some users:
Updating It Wirelessly:
- Press the “Menu” button and then click on “Settings”.
- Choose “Device & accessories” and select the controller that you want to get updated.
- Click “Update”, select “Continue” and wait for the process to get finished.
Updating Through Cable:
- Connect the “USB cable” to your Xbox at one end and your controller at the other end.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions which will guide you through the process.
- In case the instructions did not appear, you will need to press the “Menu” button and head over to “Settings”. Then choose “Device & accessories”.
- Choose your controller and then click on “Update”.
Updating On PC:
- Head over to the Microsoft Store and download “Xbox accessories” from there.
- Launch it and connect your controller through a USB cable.
- You will be notified now if an update is available, if available, you will need to install it.
Solution 13: Turn Off VPN
If you are using a VPN on any of your devices that might be the cause of the issue as well, as it might be interfering with your Xbox’s connection to the server. Therefore disable any VPN software that you are using on any of your devices connected to the same network and try signing back into your Xbox account. Check to see if this fixes the 0x87dd0006 error.
Solution 14: Contact the Customer Support
If none of the above-indexed fixes worked for you, then you should probably report your problem to the Xbox Customer Support and they will help you out then. You can do this by going to the Xbox Assist app and reporting your problem there.
Follow the aforementioned solutions in order to fix this error but if the error continues to exist the feel free to Contact Us here for more help.