A lot of users have recently been getting the “Launching the game failed! Failed to download file, the file contents differ from what was expected” message while trying to launch Minecraft and they receive a number of different errors that show up on the user screen. Therefore, in this article, we have dedicated ourselves to solving this issue completely.
Make sure to follow all the steps in the exact order in which they have been presented in order to avoid further escalation of the issue. Most often than not, this error occurs while trying to play Minecraft or Modepacks and you are unable to start because of a different jna-4.4.0.jar file.
What Causes the Failed to download file, the file contents differ from what was expected Error?
After going through a lot of different forums and user comments, we concluded that the issue is mostly only caused due to one issue. When the user is trying to install a mod pack or while trying to launch the game. However, keep in mind that this issue is mostly triggered due to some missing or misconfigured mod and jar files. Therefore, we recommend that you follow the solution below and replace the jar file using the steps.
Solution: Replace the .jar File
This solution can be used by both MAC and Windows users. If you’re using the Twitch Launcher make sure you exit from it before you try to implement this solution. Follow the steps below to implement this fix:
- As soon as the error is displayed on your screen “Copy” the link as given in the “URL” on the error window.
- Then open up your “Browser”, paste the URL in the browser’s address bar, and afterward, press “Enter”.
- Once you hit the Enter button a file will get downloaded to your system automatically.
- Now proceed to the “Download Directory” and from here “Copy” the recently downloaded file.
- Next, follow the file path displayed in the error, the path varies from user to user but it should be as below:
- Once inside the appropriate folder, you will see a “.jar File” which was installed initially (the file may be missing for some users but no worries).
- Now here “Paste” the file that you downloaded and copied earlier inside this folder. (Replace the file if your computer prompts you to do so).
Note: You can paste the downloaded file in both of the locations mentioned below if the above-listed method doesn’t work for you:
- When completed with all of the steps try to open the game again and check whether failed to download file the file contents differ from what was expected. name jna-4.4.0.jarif issue gets resolved now.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned solution will help you bypass the error easily but for any further questions or queries, you may Contact Us here.