Script Hook V is the additional library that the GTA V users use to run GTA script native functions in custom plugins. However, we have been getting some reports of the Script Hook V Critical Error which occurs while trying to launch into the game with Script Hook V. In this article, we have included some fixes and workarounds that you can use to get rid of this error completely.
Why is the Script Hook V Critical Error Caused on GTA 5?
The Script Hook V Critical Error is mostly caused due to the Script Hook application being outdated or sometimes because a new version of the GTA 5 game has been released due to which the Script Hook has stopped working. This is because the game developers might have included some patches or features that block the Script Hook functionality and prevent you from using it.
Solution 1: Update the Script Hook Application
- Download the Script Hook application from here.
- Extract the downloaded file and open the extracted folder.
- In this folder, move to the “bin” folder and copy all of the files present there.
- After that, move over to the GTA V installation folder and paste the files there.
- Make sure to replace any existing files and check to see if the Error is fixed in this way.
Solution 2: Use with Older Version of GTA V
- First of all, make sure to download the older version files from the following addresses.
ROCKSTAR VERSION FILES
EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER FILES
- Extract the files that we have downloaded and launch them into the extraction folder, here, make sure to copy the “GTAV.exe” and the “GTAVLauncher.exe” files and paste them into the GTA V installation folder.
- Select the “Replace the files in the destination” option and navigate back to the extracted folder.
- In here, copy the “Update.rpf” file and paste it into the “Updates” folder in the GTA V installation folder.
- Select the “Replace the Files in the Destination” option and download the NO Launcher Mod from here.
- After that, extract these downloaded files into the GTA V installation folder.
- From here, make sure to launch the NO_GTAVLauncher.exe file in the future and check to see if you can fix the issue.
If these methods haven’t been helpful in fixing the script hook v critical error can’t find native error, contact us for further troubleshooting.