What is NativeDropBoxAgent and can it be Removed? [Complete Guide]
NativeDropBoxAgent is a pre-loaded application on your Motorola device, and it is unknown as to what purpose it serves on your device. Many users confuse this as an application for the well-known cloud storage app Dropbox, Dropbox has no connection or whatsoever with the NativeDropBoxAgent on your phone. A lot of users wanted to delete the NativeDropBoxAgent, as the app caused both the Phone performance and Battery drop down, but as it is a pre-loaded system application it cannot be deleted.
The application cannot be uninstalled but it can be Disabled or Deactivated. This article will show you how to disable NativeDropBoxAgent on your Motorola Device.
Before You Start:
Before you step into disabling the application, you might have to uninstall any recent updates on your device. To do so you must follow these steps:
- Tap the “Gear” icon on your home screen to enter the “Settings” menu.
- In the Settings menu tap on the “Apps” option and then scroll down to find the “Dropbox” application.
- Once found tap on the application to find the “Uninstall Updates” option, once the updates get uninstalled you can then tap on the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” buttons to wipe clean the app completely.
Fixing the NativeDropBoxagent use problem:
Solution 1: Disable NativeDropBoxAgent
- Proceed to the “Settings” menu on your phone and here tap on the “Apps” menu.
- From here select the “DropBox” application and then tap on the “NativeDropBox” app.
- Afterward, click on the “Disable” button. Your device may ask you to tap on “YES” if you want to restore factory default settings, select “YES” to confirm the selection.
Solution 2: Force-Stop NativeDropBoxAgent
You can force-stop the application temporarily using the steps below:
- Proceed to the “Settings” menu on your phone and in the “Apps” section scroll down to find “NativeDropBoxAgent”.
- Tap on the NativeDropBoxAgent to find the “Force Stop” option, then select it to stop the app temporarily in order to fix the nativedropboxagent app problem.
Solution 3: Scan the Device Using Anti-Virus
If your phone is still slow and laggy after following the above couple of methods you can try to run an anti-virus scan on your smartphone. It will help delete any malicious files/apps on your phone and for this purpose, you can download “Avast” from the play store as it is easy to use and works for all kinds of viruses.
Solution 4: Boot Into Safe-Mode
To check if any other applications are interfering with the NativeDropBoxAgent, you can try booting your phone into the safe mode. For this you can follow these steps:
- Press and hold the “Power” button on your phone until the “Power OFF” display comes up on your screen.
- Once the Power menu appears on the screen now release the “Power” button.
- Next, touch down and hold the “Power OFF” button on your screen until the “Safe Mode” menu appears up.
- Choose to select “Safe Mode” and boot into it.
- Now check for your battery drainage and phone performance.
Follow the above-listed solutions to eradicate the error completely but if the error continues to exist feel free to Contact Us here.