How to Add Album ART to MP3 on Windows, Mac and Android [Complete Instructions]
Album art is the background of the music player that is displayed while playing a certain song or mp3. While this is usually set by default according to the song but it can also be changed according to your personal preference. Therefore, in this article, we will be going through the step-by-step process of how to add album art to mp3.
Method 1: Adding Album Art through Windows Media Player
The Windows Media Player is included with almost all versions of Windows but it was replaced by Groove in the later versions as the default application for playing the audio. While the Media Player is still present on your computer, it won’t be the default app if you are running Windows 10. In the steps below, we have listed the detailed guide of adding album art to mp3 for Windows Media Player.
- Make sure to right-click on the image that you would like to use as the default album art and select the “Copy” option.
- From there, press “Windows + S” on your keyboard to launch the Windows Search feature and type in “Windows Media Player“.
- Press “Enter” to launch the media player and click on the “Music” button from the left side.
- Now, if you don’t see the music listed here, right-click on the “Music” option and select the “Manage Music Library” button.
- After that, make sure to click on the “Add” button and select the “Include Folder” option after including the folder where your music is stored.
- After that, from the “Music” dropdown on the left, expand the dropdown and select the “Album” option.
- After this, right-click on the Album that you want to change the art for and select the “Paste Album Art” button.
- Now, exit out of the Media player and check to see if doing so fixes the issue.
To add Art automatically in Windows Media Player, follow the steps below:
- In the Windows Media Player, add the music that you want to change the Album info for and right-click on the individual song or Album.
- From the menu, select the “Find Album Info” button and the Media Player will check for details.
- After finding the relevant details, it will display different album information info for the song and you can select one and click on the “Finish” button to add Album art to mp3.
Method 2: Adding Album Art to Mp3 through Groove Music
Groove Music is the replacement for Windows Media Player as the default Music player and you can use it to add the Album art as well. For that:
- Press “Window + S”, type in “Groove Music” and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Click “Settings” from the options on the left and select “Choose where we look for music”.
- Add in the folder that contains your songs/music and press “Done”.
- Now, click “My music” and select “Albums”.
- Right-click the album that you want to edit Art for and click “Edit info”.
- Under “Edit Album Info”, click the Edit (Pencil) option on the current Album Art and choose your desired art.
- Click Save and you should be good to go.
Method 3. Adding Art (For VLC Media Player)
VLC is the most popular Media Player out there. Similarly, the Album Art can be changed quite easily in VLC as well. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Right-click the song/music file that you want to change Art for, hover your cursor over to “Open with” and select “VLC media player”.
- Click on “Tools” and select “Media Information”.
- The Album Art of the current album can be seen at the bottom-right of this window. Right-click it and select “Add cover art from file” and then choose the image that you want to add.
- You should be able to add album art to mp3 from here onwards.
Method 4. Adding Art (Using a third-party app)
There is an app/software which can also be used to modify the album art of an MP3 files. Follow the steps below:
- Download it from here and install it.
- Launch it and drag your mp3 file into it
- You should now be able to edit its properties and change the cover art
- Right-click the art, click “Add Cover” and select the image that you want to set as album art
- Select “Save” and you should be able to add album art to mp3.
Method 5: Adding Album Art to Mp3 on Mac
You can either obtain Album Arts automatically or you can set them manually on MAC.
To add Album Art automatically:
Go to “File”, select “Library” and click “Get Album Artwork”.
To set it manually follow the steps below:
- Select “Edit” and click “… Info”.
- Choose “Artwork” and select “Add Artwork”.
- Now, choose the image file that you want as Artwork and click “Open”.
- Or you can simply drag in the image file to add album art to mp3.
Method 6. Adding Album Art on Android
For changing the Album Art of a music/song, you need to use an app named “Album Art Grabber”. Follow the steps below:
- Launch the app and import your desired music/song to it.
- Select the song or album that you want to change Art for.
- Click “SD Card” when the option to “Choose image from:” appears.
- Choose the image file and you should be able to now add album art to mp3.
Method 7. Adding Album Art to an MP3 Online and Using MP3Tag
There is this online tool named “Getalbumart” that allows you to change or add the artwork to an MP3 file
You just need to drag/select the MP3 file and then click “Change/Add Cover”. Once complete, you will be provided with an option to download the MP3 file with the Art added to it.
Similarly, you can use an app named MP3Tag to change the Art for. After importing it into MP3Tag, click on it and right-click the cover art and select “Remove cover”. Afterwards, right-click the Artspace again and click “Add cover”. Select your desired image and save it.
If you want to delete an Album Art, you can do that by following the steps below:
- Go to the folder with the MP3 file and press “File” on the top-left corner.
- Select “Options” and head over to “View” tab.
- Under the “Hidden files and folders”, choose “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.
- Click “Apply” and “OK”.
- You will now be able to see the Art image files and you may delete them as you wish.
Method 8. Adding Art through iTunes
Follow the steps below to add Album Art automatically using iTunes:
- Launch iTunes and select “Albums” from the options on the left.
- Right-click your desired album, select “Get Album Artwork” and it should automatically begin to gather info.
on that specific Album and change the Album Art accordingly.
To change it manually to your desired Art, Right-click on the album and select “Get Info”. Now, from the “Artwork”, add your desired Art and press “OK”
If you still haven’t been able to add album art to mp3, contact us for further guidance.