Final Fantasy XIV is a really popular game and has a large userbase that absolutely adores its gameplay. However, quite recently, we have been getting a lot of requests to address the Error Code: i2501 message that sometimes pops up on the screen while launching or playing the game. In this article, we have compiled the reasons that might trigger this issue and have also listed the fixes, solutions, and workarounds to overcome them.
What Causes the Error code: i2501 on Final Fantasy XIV?
After reading up on this issue, we concluded that the following are some of the most prominent reasons behind the occurrence of this issue.
- VPN: In some cases, if you are using a VPN or a Proxy connection on your computer, you might encounter the Error Code: i2501 on your Final Fantasy XIV installation because the connection might be flagged as suspicious by the Final Fantasy Servers.
- Cache and Cookies: Another reason behind the occurrence of this issue can be the presence of faulty/corrupted cookies or cache which might be the reason that your connection is being blocked by the servers. Therefore, make sure to clear them out as mentioned below in the article to get rid of the Error Code: i2501 message on FFXIV.
- Ad-Blocker: Sometimes, you might be using an Adblocker application on your computer which might be preventing the connection from being established properly by blocking some aspects of the server connection. Therefore, it is recommended to turn any such extensions off before you proceed towards implementing such actions.
- Extensions/Cookies: It is also possible that a third party extension installed on your computer might be interfering or intercepting the connection going out to the FFXIV servers due to which the Error Code: i2501 is being triggered. Therefore, it is recommended to use your browser’s incognito mode and check if the game works.
Now that you are familiar with most of the reasons behind this problem, we can move on towards implementing the fixes.
Before you start:
- Take the power adapter of your router out of the socket and wait for it to shut down.
- After waiting for a couple of minutes, power cycle the router by inserting its power adapters into the socket and wait for it to start.
Fixing the Error Code: i2501 Issue on Final Fantasy XIV
Solution 1: Disable VPN and Proxy
- Press “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” keys simultaneously on the keyboard to open “Task Manager”.
- Under the “Processes” section, select all the entries associated with your VPN, one by one, and click on “End Task”.
- Press “Windows +R” keys on the keyboard to open the run box and search for “Control Panel”.
- Now navigate to the “Network and Internet” option and click on the “Internet Options”.
Choose Internet Options
- Navigate to the “Connections” tab and click on “LAN settings”.
Select LAN settings
- Uncheck the box parallel to the “Use a Proxy server for your LAN” option and then hit “OK”.
Disabling proxy server
- After applying these settings, check whether the ffxiv error code: i2501 is resolved.
Solution 2: Disable Ad Blocker
- Locate and click on the “Three-dot” icon located at the top-right corner of the browser’s window and select “More Tools”.
Choose More Tools
- Now navigate to the “Extensions” option.
- Locate “AdBlock” from the list of extensions enabled on your browser and click on the “Toggle” button to disable it.
- Hit “Ctrl+H” on your keyboard to open Browser’s history and select “Clear Browsing Data” from the left pane.
Clear Browsing Data
- Now set the “Time Range” to “All Time” and check the boxes parallel to “Browsing History”, “Cookies and other site data”, and, “Cached images and files”.
Clear all browser’s data
- Click on the “Clear Data” button to clear all the data and hopefully the error code: i2501 is resolved.
Solution 4: Try Incognito mode on Firefox
If you have just encountered this error message while making a payment through Google Chrome, we recommend you to switch to another browser and check if the issue arises there too. Many people have suggested that this error was eliminated when they switched to “Mozilla Firefox”. If the error still persists, after switching to Mozilla Firefox, it is recommended to launch it in “Incognito mode” and try to make the payment again to check whether the issue is resolved.
Solution 5: Process your payment through smartphone
Many users have reported that they managed to get around the error code: i2501 by switching from their computer to the smartphone to make the payment. Hence, if you still encounter this error message while making payment through Square Enix, launch the browser on your smartphone and try to make the transaction from there.
Solution 6: Wait for 24 hours
If you have tried to make the payment too many times, after failing, at the same time, then there is a large probability that you will encounter square enix error code: i2501. If this the case, you will be blocked for 24 hours and will not be able to make any payment online. So, the only solution to get rid of this error now is to patiently wait for 24 hours and retry to check if the error is eliminated.
Solution 7: Contact Customer Support
If none of the solutions, explained above, has helped you to get rid of ffxiv error code: i2501 then the only option you are left with is to contact the Square Enix Customer Support and explain your problem to their team. They will analyze your problem shortly and provide you with a solution that will help you to make your payments again through Square Enix.
If you have enabled a VPN on your computer in case Square Enix servers do not work in your area, switch to another region in your VPN and try to make the transaction again. If it doesn’t help, we recommend you to use Steam Pay to make the payment.
Hopefully, the error might have gone by now but if you need further assistance, contact here.