Facebook is one of the largest social media app used worldwide. It allows you to connect with other people and share media with each other. There is a very common error message that is being faced by many Facebook users that states “Sorry, this content isn’t available right now” or it might state “This page isn’t available” error and mostly it is shown while viewing your friends’ profiles. According to the statistics, most reports about this error come from as late as 2019 and 2020 so it is relatively fresh and hasn’t yet been fixed by the Facebook developers. This error occurs when the user clicks an image or a video in order to view it.
What Prevents you to view certain content on Facebook?
There are different reasons behind this error in different situations. Some of the most common reasons are listed below:
- This error might occur if the content was flagged.
- If the person who shared the post has shared with selective people from their friend list, then this post will be unavailable to the others.
- This error message might pop up if the content you want to view was deleted.
- Country restrictions might prevent the content from loading on Facebook.
- If you want are trying to view the content of a private group or page, then this error message can appear.
- Age or geographic restrictions might cause this error.
If this error arises on your PC, there might be a chance that some cookie is blocked in the browser that is making certain content unavailable. Follow the steps below to enable the cookies in your browser:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Lock button at the start of your search bar.
- Go to the Block Section.
- Select and click Allow if there is any cookie.
- Now click Done.
What can I do if I get this content isn’t available right now error on Facebook?
Solution 1: Log in Properly
In most cases, the content might not be available if the user is not properly logged into his account. Try to logout and login again into your account. Follow the steps below to carry this task out
- Click the drop-down option on the top right corner of your timeline.
- Select Log out.
- Now login again by filling your credentials on the main login screen.
Solution 2: Use Virtual Private Network
Sometimes the content is invisible due to geographical or age restrictions. You can use a VPN to view that content. This VPN will give you a fake location and let you view the blocked content on Facebook.
- Download Turbo VPN from the Play store.
- After downloading and installing the application, click the Connect button.
- Now view the content that was unavailable before.
Solution 3: Unblocking
If you are seeing this error while visiting someone’s profile, chances are that you might’ve blocked them at some point. Therefore, you can check to see if they are added in the Facebook block list and possibly remove them if that is the case. For that:
- Launch your favorite browser and log in to Facebook.
- Click on the “Downwards” arrow at the top right and select “Settings”.
- In settings, click on the “Blocking” option.
- In the blocking menu, make sure to remove any users under the “Block Users” and any pages under the “Block Pages” option that you want to access.
- Check to see if the Content isn’t available error is still seen after unblocking the page/user.
Solution 4: Changing Privacy Settings
It is also possible that you might’ve configured your privacy settings in such a way that search engines aren’t allowed to link directly to your Facebook profile. This can in some cases, result in the content being made unavailable to some users. Thus, you will have to reconfigure this setting as listed below.
- Startup your favorite browser and log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the dropdown icon on the top right and select “Settings” from the list.
- In settings, click on the “Privacy” option and then select “Edit” option in front of the “Do you want search engines outside of Facebook to link to your Profile?” Entry.
- Check the “Allow” button and then inquire if the Content not available error is fixed.
Solution 5: Reconfiguring Page
In some cases, your friends might be informing you that they are unable to visit your page and the “This page isn’t available” or the “Content isn’t available right now” error is being shown whenever they visit. These errors can be triggered if your page is blocked in some countries or if it hasn’t been published yet. It can also be triggered if you have implemented age restrictions for your page. To address this, we will go into Facebook settings and change some things up. After this, you should be able to remove any issues from your end related to configurations. In order to properly configure your page:
- Launch your browser and log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the “Dropdown” button on the top right and select “Manage Page”.
- Select the page that is facing this issue from the list of your pages to open its dashboard.
- Click on the “Settings” option on your page dashboard to get into its settings.
- Click on the “General” tab from the left side and then on the right, you should see the “Edit” option in front of the “Page Visibility” button.
- Click on the “Edit” option, select “Page Published” and then click on “Save Changes”.
- Similarly, click on the “Edit” option in front of “Country Restriction” and remove any restricted countries from the list.
- In the same manner, click on “Edit” in front of “Age Restriction” and remove any age restrictions from it.
- Remember to save your settings after each change and then ask your friends to check if they are still getting the “This content isn’t available right now” error while accessing your page.
Solution 6: Get yourself Unblocked
This error is mostly seen if you got yourself blocked from someone and now are trying to access their profile, content, or are trying to look at their page. It is best to get in contact with the person/profile you are getting this error with and have them unblock you. Chances are that they might’ve unblocked you unknowingly so they will be happy to unblock you but if they blocked you willingly, you might just have to leave it be.
Solution 7: Facebook Bug/Down
In some cases, the issue might not be at your end at all and there might be a platform-wide issue with Facebook due to which it might be blocking certain content/pages or profiles from being shown or it might be down altogether. Therefore, it is best to check a down detector and see if other people are facing service errors with Facebook as well. If other people are also getting the “Sorry this content isn’t available right now” error, it is definitely an issue with Facebook’s servers. In case it turns out to be Facebook servers, it is best to just sit this one out and wait for the developers at Facebook to rectify this mess.
Solution 8: Deleted Content
This is more of a cause than a solution but it is also possible that the person that posted the content has either deleted it on their own or Facebook has taken it down due to violation of their Terms. Therefore, it is best to just contact the person or Facebook Customer support to inquire if the content was taken down.
If you need any further assistance, contact here.