What is Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service and How to Remove It
A lot of users have been reaching out about getting a prompt from the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service on their screens which prevents them from being able to launch and use the Adobe software. In this article, we have explained what the service is and how you can remove the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service.
What is Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service?
The Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service was implemented to discourage and cut down on pirated use of the Software, but even legitimate Adobe users who have paid for the experience have to deal with this message.
There are certain ways to deal with the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service, and this article will take you through all
Get Rid of Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service:
Solution 1: Make Sure Your Product Is Paid
If you are using an Adobe version downloaded from the internet for free then you may have to purchase a product key for your software. The product key can be purchased from the official Adobe website.
Solution 2: Disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service
This solution will show you how to delete the Adobe Integrity Service, this will help deal with all the pop-up messages. You can proceed with the below-mentioned steps:
- Press the “Ctrl + Alt +Del” keys together and select “Task Manager” from the pop-up menu.
- Scroll down through the list of “Processes” tab to find “Adobe Genuine Integrity Service”.
- Once found right-click on Adobe Genuine Integrity Service and select “Open File Location” from the drop-down menu.
- When you are inside a folder named “AdobeGCIClient”, put up the “Task Manager” from the taskbar.
- Then click on the “Adobe Genuine Integrity Service” in the Task Manager and hit the “End Task” button at the bottom.
- Once the task is ended, delete the “AdobeGCIClient Folder” that you opened up earlier and “Restart” your computer afterward.
Solution 3: Remove Adobe Genuine Service Using CMD
If you think the above method is too complicated you can use the command prompt window to carry out the same procedure using a single command only. To do so follow the steps below:
- In the Cortana search bar near the Start menu search for “Command Prompt” and right-click on it from the list of search results to select “Run As Administrator”.
- In the pop-up command prompt window type in the following command and press “Enter”:
sc delete AGSService
Solution 4: Remove Adobe Updater Startup Utility
Follow the steps below to remove the Adobe Updater Startup Utility:
- In the search bar near the Start menu type in “Command Prompt” and right-click on it from the list of search results to select “Run As Administrator”.
- In the command prompt window type in the following command and press “Enter”:
sc delete AAMUpdater
- Once done close the command prompt window and afterward, type in “Task Scheduler” in the search bar and hit “Enter”.
- In the following window press the expand arrow beside “Task Scheduler Library” and follow the address to the “AdobeAAMUpdater > Microsoft > Windows > Photoshop” respectively.
- Once the task is found, select the task and press the “Delete” button on your keyboard.
- Lastly, press “YES” to confirm your selection and then check if the error got resolved.
Solution 5: Disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service From the Services Utility
- In the search bar near the Start menu type in “Services” and press “Enter”
- In the pop-up Services window scroll down through the list of Services to find “Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service”.
- Once located right-click the service and select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Then in the General tab select the “Startup Type” to “Disabled”.
- Once done Apply all the changes made and click on “OK” in order to disable adobe genuine software integrity service.
Solution 6: Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner
This tool helps completely uninstall any Adobe product you want. To use Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner follow the steps below:
- Download the latest version of “Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner” from the official Adobe website.
- Once downloaded, open up Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner. You will be asked to choose a “Language Type” in e for English and j for Japanese, make sure to hit “Enter” afterward.
- To accept the “Software License” type in “Y” and press “Enter”.
- You will now be asked to choose the “Adobe Product” you wish to remove, type in “1” if you want to remove all products else type in the “Appropriate Number”.
- Next type in the number for “Clean All” and press “Enter”. Confirm your selection by typing in “Y” and pressing “Enter”.
- Once done, press the “Enter” key and close the “CC Cleaner window”.
Solution 7: Update Your Registry
You can update the Windows Registry to disable Adobe Genuine Integrity Service by following this procedure:
- In the search bar near the Start menu type in “regedit” and press “Enter”.
- In the “Registry Editor” window navigate to the address below:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion
- Now scroll down to locate “Update Manager” and once located right-click “Update Manager” and select “Delete” from the drop-down menu.
- Once done “Restart” your computer and then see if you encounter the same error message or not.
Solution 8: Disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity On Mac
If you are a Mac user, follow the steps below to disable the utility on your system:
- Go to your “Mac Finder” and navigate to the “Library Folder”.
- In the Library Folder click to select “Application Support” and then click on “Adobe”.
- Next, move to the “AdobeGCCClient” and here delete the “AdobeGCCClient Folder”.
- Also, make sure to remove the folder from your “Trash” as well.
Implement the aforementioned methods to avoid this error message on your screens but if you have any further questions or queries you can Contact Us here for help.