Chrome is one of the most popular browsers out there and it has more than a billion users. The browser has an interactive interface and provides full utilization of the network resources. The “Your Computer is Doing Too Many Things Right Now” Error is triggered while trying to download large files and users are especially annoyed because it occurs during downloads. Don’t worry, because, in this article, we will provide viable solutions to get rid of this problem as fast as possible.
What Triggers the “Your Computer is Doing Too Many Things Right Now” Error?
According to our reports, the following reasons cause the error:
- Cookies/Cache: In some cases, the cookies/cache might glitch the browser. Chrome is very faulty when it comes to large downloads and this condition is aggravated due to a pile-up of cache/cookies.
- Antivirus: According to our source, Anti-virus/Anti-Malware programs can also cause this by preventing the files from being downloaded. Sometimes, the Anti-virus can mark the files as a false-negative due to which they might get blocked.
- Make sure to COMPLETELY DISABLE the Anti-Virus and check if it fixes the problem.
- Temporarily Disable the Firewall as well.
- Try to Download on a different browser.
Solution: Clearing Cookies/Cache
Cookies/Cache speed up the process of loading webpages by saving certain information. However, over time, this information can get corrupt due to which the error might be triggered. Therefore, in this step, we will be deleting all the cookies/cache. For that, follow the steps below.
- Open Chrome and launch a new tab.
- Click on the “Menu” icon in the top right corner and select “Settings”.
- Scroll down and select the “Advanced” button.
- Under Privacy and Security, click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- Click on the “Time Range” dropdown and select “All Time”.
- Check the “Cookies” and the “Cache” option.
- Select the “Clear Data” option.
- Check to see if this fixes the issue.