Roku is one of the most affordable digital media players available in the market. With Roku players, you can watch TV anytime, anywhere conveniently and can get access to watch media content from various online services like prime video, Netflix, etc.
Roku devices are simple to set up and easy to use. It has a Roku search tab so that one can search for movies and channels very easily. Don’t miss the updated Roku private channels latest list, as they aren’t listed in the public channel store. If you are searching for an easy and affordable way to watch TV, then Roku streaming players would be the best choice.
How to watch media content on Roku?
Follow these steps given below to watch media content on Roku.
- Plug into your TV.
- Connect to the internet.
- Set up your personal Roku account.
- Start watching your favorites using the Roku search tab.
Let us now know about non-certified or private channels and how we add them to a Roku device.
How to add a private channel to your Roku device?
Before going into detail about this topic, let us have a brief idea about a private channel.
A private channel also referred to as a hidden or non-certified channel, is part of the official Roku Channel Store but doesn’t display publicly because it may not be fully developed or tested before publication. Some private channels need a membership and are visible to that Channel’s members. As far as the Roku streaming device is concerned, private channels must be added manually.
Steps to add a private channel to a Roku device:
Follow the below-mentioned steps to add private channels to your device.
- Open any web browser and type the Roku private channels keyword in the search bar, and press enter.
- Note the channel access code of the private channels you wish to add.
- Go to Roku’s official website, which is “my.roku.com”, using your phone or a computer.
- Login to your Roku account. If you don’t have a Roku account, then create one.
- Under the Manage account section, click “Add channel with a code”.
Note: Private channels can only be installed on a Roku device by providing the Channel’s access code provided by the Channel’s developer. The support team can’t help you with the problems while using private channels, so be cautious when adding and using a private channel.
- Enter the channel access code or invitation code and click “Add channel”.
- A warning message will appear listing Roku’s terms and conditions. Make sure you read it carefully and abide by its policies.
- Click “OK” on the warning screen.
- Click “Yes, Add Channel” on the confirmation screen to confirm adding it on Roku.
Note: The Channel downloaded will not appear as soon as you open the list of channels section. Don’t panic because the Roku device will check for the new channels you have added every 24 to 36 hours and automatically install them in your account.
To download the Channel immediately, then:
- Go to your Roku device.
- Under Settings, select “System”.
- Click the “System Update” option.
- Click “Check now”.
After downloading, you need to go to the Home page of your Roku account. Under the “list of channels”, you will find your newly added private Channel at the bottom of the list.
Is there a chance of Roku blocking my access to private channels?
Yes, suppose the particular private Channel is found to violate Roku’s terms and conditions, copyright restrictions, or has any illegal content associated with it, in that case, Roku may remove that Channel from your account without any prior notice, and your account may be blocked from adding any other private channels.
What if you want to remove a private channel from your account? Is that possible?
Yes, follow the below-mentioned steps to delete a private channel from your account:
- Switch on to the “Roku” TV on your device.
- Go to Streaming “Channels” and press open “Channel” Store.
- Scroll the screen and select the “Private Channel” you want to remove.
- Press “OK”.
- Click Channel details and click “Remove Channels”.
You can also remove a private channel by selecting it on your Roku’s home screen with your remote; Just press the * button and select the remove option, after which the particular private Channel will be removed.
If you want to add it again, you have to re-enter the code on the Roku website.
To remove a private channel using the Roku mobile app, follow these steps:
- Launch the “Roku” application on your mobile phone.
- Go to the “Channels” menu at the lower right corner of the screen and select the “My channels” option.
- Long-press on the Channel icon which you want to remove.
- Under the Channel details menu, click “Remove”.
- Click “OK” if prompted.
Note: Roku does not sell subscriptions to private channels. In case you want to refund your subscription for a private channel, you should contact the person who sold that subscription.
I hope we have provided you enough information and answered your queries on adding private channels to your Roku device but if you still have any queries regarding this matter please feel free to Contact Us.