A lot of users have been getting the “Error code: S1001 (Network)” issue while trying to transcode something or while trying to stream HD, FHD, or 4K content. In this article, we have investigated this Plex Playback error and have managed to provide solutions that will fix it completely on your Plex Media Server.
In addition to that, we have also listed the reasons due to which the error occurs in the first place. Make sure to go through the reasons first and then start implementing the solutions one-by-one until one of them works in fixing this issue.
What Causes the Error code: S1001 (Network) on Plex Media Server?
After having to investigate this issue and create solutions for it, we concluded that the following must be the most important reasons due to which it occurs.
- Damaged Server Database: In certain scenarios, the Plex Server Database might have been damaged or corrupted due to which it is facing problems while trying to stream from it and the Error code: S1001 (Network) is being triggered.
- Firewall: The Firewall installed on your computer can also sometimes prevent the streaming process from happening smoothly by blocking the network packets coming from the server. Therefore, we suggest that you try to disable it temporarily or let Plex through the Firewall.
- Custom URLs in Extras Menu: Some users have found that the Custom URLs that are added inside the Extras menu might prevent the streaming service from running on your computer. Therefore, we recommend that you follow the solution below to remove it from your computer.
Now that we have taken you through most of the reasons behind its occurrence, we can finally start implementing the solutions.
Fixing the error code: s1001 (network) completely:
Solution 1: Re-install Plex Media Server
- Firstly, press the “Window + R” keys simultaneously to open the “Run” prompt dialogue box, type “appwiz.cpl” and hit the “Enter” key to open the control panel.
- Scroll down and find the plex media server, right-click on the application, and select the “Uninstall” option from the window to uninstall the application.
- Now, press the “Window +R” keys combination again to open the “Run” prompt, type the “Regedit” command, and press the “Enter” key to open “Registry Editor”.
- In the registry editor search box, type the following path and hit the “Enter” key:
- Then, right-click on the “Plex, Inc.” folder and select the delete option.
- Now again, press the “Window + R” keys simultaneously to open the “Run” prompt dialogue box, type the following command, and hit the “Enter” key:
- Search for the plex media server folder in the list of folders and once you have found the folder, simply right-click on it and click on the delete option to delete the folder.
- Now, download and install the latest version of the Plex media server by following the on-screen instructions from here.
- Finally, restart your device and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Remove Custom URLs from Extras Menu
- Login to the Plex Media Server from your default browser and afterward click on your account icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- A context menu will appear with several options and from there click on the “Account” option and then click on the “Extras” option enlisted at the left.
- Now, extras settings will appear in the left section of the window, and from there clear the “Movie pre-roll video” box and click on “SAVE CHANGES”.
Solution 3: Repair Plex Server Database
- First of all, be sure to close all the processes of the Plex media server from the “Control Panel”.
- After that, press the “Window +R” keys simultaneously to open the “Run” prompt, type the “cmd” command, and hit the “Enter” key to open the command prompt:
- Once you are in the command prompt, type the following commands one by one and press the “Enter” key:
cd “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server\Plug-in Support\Databases” copy com.plexapp.plugins.library.db com.plexapp.plugins.library.db.original sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db “DROP index ‘index_title_sort_naturalsort’” sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins,library.db “DELETE from schema_migrations where version=’20180501000000’” sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db .dump > dump.sql del com.plexapp.plugins.library.db sqlite3 com.plexapp.plugins.library.db < dump sql
- Once you are done with the process, simply restart your device and check if the error code: s1001 (network) exists or not.
Solution 4: Disable Third-Party Applications
- Press the “Window +R” keys simultaneously to open the “Run” prompt dialogue box and type the “appwiz.cpl” command to open “Programs and Features”.
- Once you are in programs and features, scroll down the list of installed programs and uninstall the unwanted third-party applications you installed for Plex support.
Solution 5: Rename Source Folder
- Select any library from the left section of the plex media server and expand the options. Select the “Manage Library” option from the context menu and then click on “Edit”.
- After that, rename the library and create a “New folder” with the previous library name.
- Then, refresh the library and delete the new folder and afterwards restart the Plex Media Server and check if the Error code: S1001 (Network) issue is resolved or not.
Solution 6: Allow Plex Through Firewall
- Press the “Window +R” keys simultaneously to open the “Run” prompt, type the “control firewall.cpl” command, and press the “Enter” key.
- Once you are in the “Windows Defender Firewall” window, click on the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option located at the left.
- Now, simply look for the Plex Media Player and check both the “Private” and “Public” checkboxes next to it.
- Click on “OK” to save the changes and hopefully error code: s1001 (network) would be rectified.
Hopefully, the plex issue might have resolved and if you need further assistance, Contact Us.